Google analytics is a free service of Google for tracking all kinds of statics including visitors of our websites. By using Google analytics we can check the number of visitors per day, week or month. Moreover we can see bounce rate, page views rate, and average time of visiting to websites. Not only that but also we can know about the referral traffic by using Google analytics. It shows the number of visitors comes from search engines, backlinks along with direct visitors. So the importance of Google Analytics is beyond description. Friends, lets see the features of Google analytics & the ways of using it properly.
Create Google Analytics Account
Now we are going to share the way of creating a Google account. After creating an account you can check the data of your website. So let’s have a look to these below mentioned ways.
1. First of all you need to go to google.com/analytics to create your Google analytics account. So just browse to the site.
2. To create Google Analytics account you need to click on Access Analytics. You’ll find this button in the upper right corner of the page.
3. In the next step just click on “add new account” button.
4. Then click on “sign up” button for creating Google Analytics account.
5. You’ll get option of putting your first name and last name. Then type your website name. You need to do this carefully. Moreover, It is very important to put your country or territory name. Then read the terms and condition of google analytics. Then check “I agree to the terms and condition”. Then create an account button to create an account.
6. Then you’ll get a java script code. You need to copy the code.
7. Now you have to paste the code to your website code. You need to paste this code before the body tag. You need to paste this code in every page.
8. Then go back to the google analytics page. Then click on the “save and finish” button to complete the job.
Features of Google Analytics
You can enter into your Google analytics account now to see the features of Google analytics. You’ll find lots of option for your Google analytics account. You can check different type of stats of your website from here. Let me introduce to some features of Google analytics.
(i) Date: You can check the data of your site of traffic from your analytics account. You can set this according to your necessity. You can use this according to your necessity. You can set it day basis weekly or monthly.
(ii) Number of page visiting
You can check the number of visiting of your web page. It would be helpful for you to check the traffic rate of your site.
(iii) Check the Bounce Rate
You can check the bounce rate of your site. Sometimes visitors enter into the sites and go out within a few moments. These rate of visitors is called bounce rate.
2. Check visitors number and traffic rate
You can check the visitors number of your site by using Google analytics account. Now we are going to share the ways of checking the visitors rate and of your site. Lets have a look to those sites.
(i) Number of new & old visitors
You can check the number of new visitors of your site along with the regular visitors.
(ii) Unique visitors number
You can see the number of unique visitors of your site from the Google analytics. You can see the source of these visitors.
(iii) Check bounce Rate
Sometimes visitors come to a site and go out from the site within a short time. It is very bad for any website to be failed to be attract the attention of any visitors.
(iv) Map Overlay
If you want to know the source of visitors of your site, you can know that easily. All you need to click on map overlay. It will show the source of visitors through a map.
3. Observe the traffic source
You can check the traffic source of your site from Google analytics. It’ll show the details of the source of your visitors. We would like to share the ways of the source details.
(i) Search Engines
Google analytics will show the number of visitors come from different search engines. You can see the number of visitors come from Mozilla firefox, Google chrome and so on.
(ii) Direct Traffic
You can see the number of direct visitors. It will show the number of visitors properly. This type of visitors normally come from bookmark. The visitors who have bookmarked your sites.
By using Google analytics you can see the number of vistors generated from keywords. Certainly Google analytics is a great option for us.
If you want to see the total traffic source of your site you can check that easily. All you need to click on all traffic sources. You’ll see the rate of visitors average visits, bounce rate and so on.
4. Contents Tab Details
You can check the contents which bring lots of visitors for your site. It will be helpful for you to identify what type of contents play the vital role to generate more traffic.
(i) Topside of web pages
It will show you the number of visitors comes from the landing parts of your website. Landing parts is the part which visitors can see at very first.
You can find out the top content of your site by using google analytics. You can check the title easily which have generated visitors for your site.
(iii) Total overview
You can check all the part of your website by using Google Analytics. By doing total check or overviewing you can see the link where the visitors click. It will show only the internal link click rate.
Now you may realize the importance of Google analytics. Certainly this is very helpful service of Google. So to check your website visitors numbers, traffic sources and other by using Google analytics. Wish you all the best.